The State Laboratory of Public Health provides certain medical and environmental laboratory services (testing, consultation and training) to public and private health provider organizations responsible for the promotion, protection and assurance of the health of North Carolina citizens.
- 02/11/14: ABO and Rh Typing Memo (PDF, 186 KB)
- 02/11/14: MERS-CoV Specimen Collection and Testing Guidelines (PDF, 221 KB) (Replaces guidance from November 2013)
- 12/12/13: 2014 Lab Training Schedule
- 11/24/13: Search the SLPH site easier. Our search tool (top right) has been updated.
- 11/19/13: Diagnosis Codes/ICD-9 Reference Sheet (PDF, 38 KB)
- 10/09/13: Specimen Collection for Influenza Testing: Interim Guidance - Updated 09/16/13 (PDF, 102 KB)
- 02/11/14: 2014 Holiday Schedule (PDF, 18 KB)
- CLIA Certificate (PDF, 283 KB)
- Regional Consultants’ Area Map (PDF, 138 KB)
- SCOPE: Guide to Services - 02/20/2014 (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- SCOPE - Index to Services - 09/2013 (PDF, 396 KB)
Video from the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL):
What is a Public Health Laboratory? (link opens in new window)