The State Laboratory of Public Health provides certain medical and environmental laboratory services (testing, consultation and training) to public and private health provider organizations responsible for the promotion, protection and assurance of the health of North Carolina citizens.
- 10/15/14: N.C. DPH Memo: Updated Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever Guidance for North Carolina
- 09/16/14: 2014 CPT Codes for NC State Laboratory of Public Health Tests
- 08/25/14: August 15, 2014 Guidance: Specimen Collection for Influenza Testing: Interim Guidance (PDF, 99 KB)
- 07/22/14: UPDATED: MERS-CoV Specimen Collection and Testing Guidelines (PDF, 356 KB)
- 07/08/14: Chikungunya Virus and Concern for Introduction into the United States (PDF, 231 KB)
- Rabies Alert! Bats!! Please read before submitting multiple bats from a single residence (or other lodging) for Rabies testing. Homes, buildings or other areas that are considered "infested with bats" require a careful assessment of rabies risk to people and pets because some of the bats may not be available for capture and testing. Please contact the North Carolina Division of Public Health, Rabies On Call at 919-733-3419 prior to submitting multiple bats for rabies testing.
- 2014 Holiday Schedule (PDF, 18 KB)
- 2014 Lab Training Schedule
- APHL (Association of Public Health Laboratories)
- CLIA Certificate (PDF, 283 KB)
- Diagnosis Codes/ICD-9 Reference Sheet (PDF, 38 KB)
- Laboratory Testing 10A NCAC 41A.0209
- Reporting of Communicable Diseases and Conditions 10A NCAC 41A.00101
- Regional Consultants’ Area Map (PDF, 160 KB)
- SCOPE: Guide to Services - 08/29/2014 (PDF, 1.5 MB)